How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Create a Note from Email

Currently, I can create a task from my emails. I would also like the option to create a Note from my emails. Sometimes my emails are informational...like directions to the soccer fields, or agenda for a meeting, or brackets for the basketball tournament. For those, I'd like to be able to create a note and assign it to a particular date. In fact, if you gave me 3 options with each email...create an event, a task, or a note...I think that would be ideal

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Barr Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notes and emails from Tasks. I would like the capability to generate an email from a task and retain the email as an attached note to the task. Multiple emails and corresponding notes would need to be supported. By making a copy of the outbound email, no linkage to email needs to be retained. Adding just notes to a task as separate notes should also be supported.

Tasks to Notes. This capability would be related to the above and allow tasks to be created in notes. I often identify tasks in notes narratives. Having the ability to create a task while in the note and also leave a link to the task displayed as the title of the tasks and the new task inheriting the project of the note would be ideal.

Finally, having a view that shows tasks and notes for any project will be important for getting a 360 degree view on activities.

I manage tasks using email. This capability would allow me to generate emails and track that the emails were sent and their contents. Same with notes - I generate tasks from notes and having the ability to associate and track would be enormously helpful.

• hho26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am requesting that Quick Entry allows for entry of due dates/time and assigning to projects in an structured pick list system.
        I need to pick dates and times from a pick list and assign tasks to projects on the fly. I am not efficient at natural language entry. I never will be.
        There has to be a way to do both natural language entry and pick list to meet the needs and capabilities of the individual user.

Feedback and Knowledge Base