How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Improve searching capability

Improve searching capability.
Please add greater date range options, including ALL..

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a historian the ability to search events in my own past is of immense importance, without the ability to be able know when event X was for all sorts of reasons, insurance claims, simply aiding a poor memory (the key reason for using such an otherwise capable app) when a life event happened relative to a world event, the inability to search them makes the app feel as if one of its arms is tied back.

• Ren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for implementing my request (4) ability to search on completed tasks
    So just summarising my remaining requests here
    1) Greater date range options, including ALL.. Understand an ALL search is a problem on phones with insufficient specs/memory, so perhaps this could be an advanced option (off by default) and/or a message appears warning of potential performance issues doing an ALL search.
    Note: this request (1) is the most important to me
    2) Word search vs Sentence search. Just like iOS Contact search, each word to be treated separately (eg "dinner smiths" searches any instance of "dinner" AND any instance of "smiths" anywhere within any item). Other times we may really want to treat the search string as a sentence (actually searching for "dinner smiths"). So an option to do one or the other would be great. Otherwise, Word search is definitely more useful and should be default.
    3) Ability to specify a selection of tags
    5) Ability to export the results (email, copy, etc)

• Mari Bull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option to include completed tasks in search results. It does help to refresh my memory about completed tasks and events when searching on a contact name.

• Wyando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I upvoted this request, as i really would like to see a search option ALL

The reason is, that i use this app also as my memory aid in adding past events, especially gigs I have been, but also other (to me) important happenings in my life - so With a search option all, I can quickly create a list to “refresh”
    My memory 😎

Update 5) Ability to export the results (email, copy, etc)

Update to 1) understand an ALL search is a problem on phones with insufficient specs/memory, so perhaps this could be an advanced option (off by default) and/or a message appears warning of potential performance issues doing an ALL search.
    Note: this request (1) is the most important to me, while the others would also be nice too

Update to 4) I usually don't care about completed tasks, so appreciate how I5 no longer includes them in search results (PI4 did), but sometimes I do, so a checkbox to be able to include or exclude completed tasks would be great

Feedback and Knowledge Base