How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Drag and drop arrangement of tasks

Would like to drag and drop tasks into any order in any of the task view groupings.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KymKym shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have waited a long time for this function. For me this would make informant5 "perfect" for my organisation needs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A task database SHOULD be nothing more than a fancy spreadsheet! Being able to sort by any column of that table SHOULD be easy to implement if there was some initial thought process put into the design prior to development. KISS principle here. I hope you didn't try and re-invent the wheel during concept stage!
        Drag and drop tasks is seriously the only thing stopping me taking on a subscription!

• KymKym commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

clearly 300 requests for manual task sort in PI4 wasn't enough to push it through!!
        surely this is a fundamental requirement of ANY PIM.

• TedTed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, really need it! I've been struggling to make PI a suitable replacement for the now-defunct Franklin Covey Outlook tasks add-in. PI already allows the Franklin priorities (A1, etc.) in lieu of simple alphabetical sort. The BIGGEST missing piece is the ability to review your prioritized task list and quickly reorder items in the list by simply dragging. Of course, I'm aware that with today's PI functionality I could open each task, surf to the priority wheels and change its priority, then save; then notice that every subsequent task in the list needs to be adjusted manually as well...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been hoping for this for some time. This suggestion got 300 votes on the previous list of suggestions prior to o the release of informant 5.

• boydstonboydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In another thread, someone suggested the focus view as the place for manual sorting. That makes sense to me. Maybe users can have a setting for focus view: use criteria or use manual sort.

• boydstonboydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be amazing. Even if the functionality were regulated to a particular view, which may be necessary since the robustness of PI filter/sorting is based on criteria. In other words, if it is not possible to integrate manual sorting with criteria sorting (which I doubt it is), provide a "special" list that only sorts manually. Or something like that...

Feedback and Knowledge Base