How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Create An Event From Email

With a direct link between a calendar item and an email the information in an email can be found quicker and without having to search stacks of emails. Interesting in case of invitations for a meeting with added documents. Also emails can be converted directly into events.

312 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aschwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@wsandlin: You have reacted in April 2017 that your engineers are reviewing this. But there is still no answer. We all know that we can email to create a task, but emailing to create an event would be very helpful for many of us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PDF attcjement specially in Tasks. This is necessary if I be able to work with Informant as the only one...

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attaching a file to a task or calendar event would be great. Most meetings and tasks have some kind of file that is necessary to reference. Even Google Calendar has this feature.

• Czareine Ocampo Madlangbayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like attachments of any type (PDF, jpg, MS office etc) should be possible with any tool (notes, tasks, events, etc). Most of my productivity tools have attachments associated and I have to sift through files on my computer anyway... pretty inconvenient when it's on my mobile devices

• Ulrich Siepe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems to me that we have to differentiate between a) mail to note, b) mail to calendar entry and c) mail to task. C) is what I personally would find pretty helpful.

• Julian Glass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful

I can understand the issue of multiple dates in the body text though. Need user to decide which date?

• Diane Winslow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great to have a drag and drop feature (PDF, JPEG, Word, Excel docs) that would create a task.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have suggested this via email or support conversation more than once. I do think it would be very helpful. Many of my tasks are to remind me to do things...such as to change filters or do things that would be very helpful if I can quickly open up the instructions from the manual which are in pdf format.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a note from an email.
        An email is often the start of a conversation. I would like to keep that conversation in a note.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As above, but not just restricted to pdfs, all file types. Ability to download from Dropbox.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea and it works well, unless your company's email uses Exchange which many of them do. Please add Exchange email as an option for email to task or calendar capability. My company does not have IMAP or POP as an option.

Feedback and Knowledge Base