How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Triggers

Please add the following capabilities to Triggers

Ability to create and save checklist in the trigger screen like in the old PI template.

Ability to create a trigger from an existing item

Ability for Triggers to support the same fields as the templates

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MCAMCA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really cannot understand why trigger removed fields from templates already supported ! What's the reason of doing that?

• Frank LohnerFrank Lohner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Switch to select 'Whole -Day-event' in the trigger menu. I used templates for simple events that didn't nedfto be Edited.
        Just pick the Trigger and confirm...

• FabioFabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibility to select a bookmarked location for triggers (this was possible with Templates in version 4)

• FabioFabio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. One of the main advantages of triggers (ex-templates) is the possibility to select different alarms for different events. Having only one standard setting is definitely a step backwards from the previous version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to save Triggers WITH Alarms and to create it from a date in the calender (with Templates it was possible).

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we add tags to triggers we should have them auto filter. Right now I have to remember the tags. With over 30 it makes creating triggers tedious.

You already have Triggers, for new tasks or events. Any thoughts about adding Rules (for lack of a better name) to perform actions--for example to star tasks that meet certain criteria (overdue?) or to change the date of a task that meets certain conditions?
        Thanks!

I agree with comment below that we should have back the ability to create a trigger from an existing event or task.

• Seymour HeineySeymour Heiney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this is a feature that Informant programmers should take a real look at. A feature similar to what Rodolphe mentions is already being employed by the Week Cal app. I set up templates so that if my event contains the work "Joe" the event color will always be red (or whatever color I choose). If the event contains "school" then the event color will always be yellow, and so on. There is no need to manually select a "trigger" when adding an event or manually changing in in the event information. This is a huge feature for me, and it sounds like others as well.

I'd like to set All Day duration in triggers for my Off and Vacation days like I did in templates in previous versions.

• Tom MunchTom Munch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a button to create a new trigger from an existing event or task like there was for templates. I used that every week. The new trigger dialog is not easy to get to and is confusing.

• Rick BrodyRick Brody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shortcut to a task, like I would do in old templates, for specific project, customized repetition scheme, and alarm, etc.

• Rob FraserRob Fraser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to have triggers (templates) for all day events like holiday days.no way to set that yet

• Rodolphe ArthaudRodolphe Arthaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Triggers are a great but unfinished feature.
        I need the trigger to apply not only to events created by hand, but also (and even: particularly) to events from other sources, such as:
        * apps adding events to my calendar (flights, cultural events...)
        * meeting requests I accepted

I would like *existing events* to be formatted automatically (e.g. color and/or icon) according to the content. This is different from triggers in that it does not allow setting the duration, time, title..., but increases readability of ALL events (or tasks), wherever they come from.
        This feature was available on Agendus for Palm Pilot, years ago.

Feedback and Knowledge Base