How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Please bring back the different color themes!!!!!

We are working on this for a future release. We want to make sure that the colored themes are not getting in the way of any other Informant functions and that the user interface will function the same regardless of the colors.

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RenRen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dark Nite theme in PI4 was perfect for me. The new Dark Mode is not usable for me, for two reasons:
        • it alters existing colours (like my carefully chosen Tag colours, and grid lines in month view, and other elements), which from prior discussions with you, is due to underlying iOS functionality used for this feature.
        • it darkens the whole interface, not just key elements like headers and footers, like Dark Nite did

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that Informant 4.94 has now gone free on the app store, suggesting that it will soon not be supported.
        Unfortunately, this is the only version that I can see properly.
        Are we any closer to getting PI 5 repaired to be usable again please?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So strange, the greatest functionality just went down the tubes.
        Whoever change your calendar and time picker should be fired.
        Absolutely the worst looking design layout now that color headers are gone.
        You guys also said u save real estate with this layout (doing away with color tabs and color headers in the week view) when it's not true at all.
        All one has to do is super-impose one over the other and u can clearly see.... no real estate has been saved AT ALL.
        And to top that, our company was told we the users asked for this change.
        I'll now probably get kicked off this forum.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree wholeheartedly! The whole thing now looks so washed out and uninspiring. I use a personal finance programme, which has gone down the same "minimalist" route, I suspect, following instructions from Apple!
        Please, please, please make this right.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes you absolutely must do something with color. This used to be so exciting to use now it's just plain out boring.
        This particular layout looks absolutely horrible to the eyes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base