How can we improve Pocket Informant 5 for iOS?

Sort tasks in focus/calendar views

I want to be able to change the sort order of tasks in the focus and/or calendar views.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MehganMehgan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • boydstonboydston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Why not just let users drag and drop tasks in the order they want them."

Programmatically, manually sorting is fundamentally different than robust, criteria-based sort options. You might notice that apps with manual sorting do not have many other sorting options. And the criteria-based options are usually a "reorder" option, not a "fixed" sort option.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be combined with "Drag and drop tasks in Focus view in order you want to complete them" below which has 19 votes giving this feature request 58 votes.

• ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to manually order tasks in Focus view is long overdue. I've discussed this with Alex previously and understand the challenges but hopefully The developers can find a way to overcome them.

Why not just let users drag and drop tasks in the order they want them. Drag and drop is what IOS was designed for. In informant you have to open each team and change the priority. A lot of unnecessary work. GoodTask 3 has this feature. Why is it so difficult for Informant to do this? This request had roughly 300 votes in the last version of PI. Informant allows user to drag and drop tasks within a project so why not allow users to drag and drop tasks in Focus view.

• MehganMehgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found out that if you create smart filters they will appear in your focus view settings and it helps with a certain amount of sorting. My Focus view is much more useable now that I've set some up, however, it would still be nice to have additional capabilities within those smart filters.

Ideally we should be able to sort and display tasks by sorting on more than one parameter. E.g. First sort by Priority, then by say project/category, and all by alpha or manual choice. This way for example we could see high priority work listed together then high priority home listed together.

Feedback and Knowledge Base